FAVORITE BOOK MEME
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag [ten] friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them.
I got tagged by lilacwest
I’m not exactly avid book readers. I do read a lot of books in my life, but I don’t own many books since the meme was about books that stayed with me in some way so… Here’s ten (I guess) book series that I kept keeping with me even when I move around the world.
1. Harry Potter Series by J.K.Rowling - I got on this series, specifically the first one of the series when I was a teenage and just fresh started to learn English. My childhood is poor. I don’t have much book to read, much less good book and free time. Reading Harry Potter during that period is a life changing experience for me. Later, I even purchased two versions due to how much I love to read it over and over: one version in my native language and the original in English. It had been in my collection for years.
2. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett - I came across it by accident. I was recommended by my friend who read it that it’d suit my supernatural/mythology taste. So I purchased and read. I wasn’t disappointed. It’s worth every dollar because it left me a very good feeling after reading and I can always read it again on any good day.
3. As A Man Thinketh by James Allen - It was a self-help book that I first purchase when I was at my low point of my life. It’s still my advice book to read everytime I feel down.
4. Acres Of Diamonds by Russel H. Conwell - It was a life-changing book when I read back then. I was in business major so I search for good book that could help me get through the harsh life due to different cultures in difference countries. The book taught me the meaning of true wealth and how to attain it without getting sidetracked by selfishness and greed.
5. The Way To Wealth by Benjamin Franklin - I brought this book along with Acres Of Diamonds because I like Benjamin Franklin. Reading this book will give you a lifetime of financial wisdom. It got me get through life for years. Thanks to this book, I learn to read people better and not let myself involving in any shitty situations through trusting the wrong people.
6. Sherlock Holmes Series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Another classic everybody knows. The original Sherlock Holmes in the book is very different from any Sherlock Holmes in any media. To be honest, the reason I purchased this series was for my English review project. I love reading books that involving solving puzzles and mysteries. Sherlock Holmes is one of them.
7. Crush by Richard Siken - I purchased this poem book thanks of Supernatural influence. Though it turned out great when I read it. I love it so much that I started to memorize all the quotes in the book.
8. The Riverlands Hymnal by Two Unnamed Prophets - This one is a book inspired by Supernatural by two talent writers whose works I love to read. The Love Story of The Star And Catfish. When I read it the first time, I cried all of sudden at those beautiful words. I cried everytime that I read it again.
9.The Hobbits by J.R.R Tolkien - I got this book as my twenty-ish birthday present. There’s a lot version of The Hobbit and I got the one with very nice color illustration. That made it fun while reading. Though the end of the book made me cry though. I thought it’s the book for children, hence it’s not supposed to make me feel sad when it’s over, but i did.
10. Lord Of The Rings Series by J.R.R. Tolkien - Sadly that I read Lord of The Rings book series after I finished Lord Of The Rings movie series, so I’m kind of knowing the plot. Instead, I got to find out other things in the book that didn’t make it to the movie. It was a long series, though in compare to 7 Harry Potter books, not much. It got me two weeks to finish.